All-on-4 Treatment: Dental Implants
Dental implant treatment, like all dental and medical technology, is always advancing and pushing patient health forward with better tools to improve oral care. One of these advances is the all-on-4 treatment also known as all-on-x, or “Teeth in a day” concept. This is the technique that gives patients more options to replace missing teeth and restore their smile all over the span of 3 to 5 hours.
What are All-on-4 Treatment Dental Implants?
Rather than needing an implant for each tooth that is missing, all-on-4 treatment replaces an entire arch of teeth with four, five, or six implants. The four dental implants replace the usual technique of replacing each one with individual anchors and is a better procedure for those missing a row of teeth or having unrestorable teeth due to extensive cavities, loose teeth or gum disease. The all-on-four treatment is used on both the upper and lower set of teeth using only four implants in a region of the jaw with higher bone density and bone quantity.
Benefits of the Treatment
The all-on-4 implants are a permanent solution that prevents bone loss in the jaw and helps maintain the facial structure, improving the smile frame and overall dental health. Besides restoring teeth and avoiding denture slips or nightly routines, there are a host of other benefits of choosing this type of implant:
- A long-lasting smile: It is a permanent set of teeth that are non-removable and long-lasting.
- Immediate results: When the implants are set, a patient sees immediate improvement in chewing, teeth stability, and overall comfort.
- Eating: After healing, eating habits improve significantly and won’t have limitations as those with dentures do.
- Easy care: The all-on-4 implants are easy to care for, no different than natural teeth with brushing and flossing.
- Eliminate health issues associated with unrestorable teeth: when a tooth is experiencing gum disease or having cavitiy, bacteria can cause chronic infections and inflammatory diseases, some are linked to heart attacks and strokes. By having dental implants, the potential of these health issues is significantly reduced.
Some highlights of the All-on-4 dental treatment:
- Reduces or eliminates bone resorption
- Has a significantly reduced healing time
- Allows for new tooth replacement in a day
- Is permanent
- Proven predictable highly successful outcomes
- Often a lower overall cost than traditional dental implants
Implant Procedure Steps
The all-on-4 treatment is a dental implant technique where the upper or lower set of teeth are replaced with just four implants, but the specific steps of the dental procedure include:
- Treatment Planning: with your dentist, a complete exam of the mouth, dental X-rays, and a CBCT scan to see the jawbone and other underlying structures, is performed.
- Tooth Extraction
- Implant Placement: the implant procedure requires sedation, so it’s important to have a person to drive you home afterward. Once sedated, the dentist extracts the necessary teeth and makes small incisions in the gums to shape the four upper and four lower arch sockets. The implant screws are then placed into the jawbone and a connector is attached. Sometimes a bone graft is required before suturing the gums and placing temporary fixed teeth so the implant can heal. The beauty of this technique is that the patient will leave the office with fixed temporary teeth (prototype).
- Healing: the gums will be sore for several days following the surgery. The stitches will be removed two weeks after the surgery and implants will be checked. Patients are generally required to take antibiotics and pain medication during healing and ice packs can be used to reduce any swelling or bruising.
Welcoming Patients with Cutting-Edge Techniques
If you’re searching for a dentist in Bellevue to help restore your smile, look no further than the team at Bellevue Dentist.
Dr. Siamak Najafi is an accomplished dentist who has trained with the world’s leading dental pioneers. He is a surgically-trained prosthodontist who has extensive history in implant dentistry and all-on-4 treatments.With great chair-side manner, he and his team at Bellevue Dentist are ready to rejuvenate your smile and restoring your mouth for better function and chewing ability.
Dr. Don Jayne is a nationally recognized leader in dentistry. He focuses on providing unparalleled expertise in cosmetic, general, implant, and sedation dentistry. He is dedicated to providing you with the most advanced techniques and effective technology available in dental care.
Get Your Perfect Smile