Enhance Your Smile
Dental veneers are a wonderful way to enhance your smile and help your teeth look how you want them to. It’s important to be confident in your teeth, it’s how you express so many of your feelings, and people take so much about you from your teeth.
Cosmetic dentistry isn’t an exercise in vanity and is more than ensuring good oral health. It can help with your confidence and self-perception too, both important for your mental health.
Discover how dental veneers can give you the smile you deserve to have.
What are Dental Veneers?
Before choosing a dental enhancement, you should know all you can about it. Dental veneers are one type of cosmetic dentistry that is pretty popular for people with chipped teeth or a tooth gap, or teeth that are more misshaped than someone would like.
Dental veneers are a very simple way to brighten your smile and improve the look of your teeth. Essentially, veneers are thin covers that adhere to your teeth to give them a different look.
The Types of Veneers Available
If you choose dental veneers for the smile you want to have, there are two options your dentist will give you:
This type of veneer is a thin shell that is custom made via a mold your dentist takes so that it fits well on a tooth or your teeth. There are several advantages to having porcelain dental veneers placed, including:
- it is more difficult to stain porcelain veneers
- less tooth enamel needs to be removed to have porcelain veneers applied compared to a crown or a cap
- porcelain veneers are very durable and last a long time
- porcelain veneers have a natural-looking surface
Composite Resin Veneers
The second veneer option your dentist may offer is the composite resin veneer, which is made from a tooth-colored filling material that is bonded to the tooth. Like porcelain veneers, the composite resin option has its own benefits:
- Less tooth enamel needs to be removed when compared to crowns or porcelain veneers
- Having composite veneers often means fewer visits to the dentist, sometimes only taking a single dentist appointment
- They cost less than porcelain veneers
- Compared to porcelain veneers, this type is much easier to fix if they get damaged. Although, they are not as strong or wear-resistant either.
Make an Appointment with Bellevue, Dental Care to Help You
Dr. Jayne is an accomplished cosmetic dentist with years of experience helping people be comfortable with their smiles and guiding them to greater oral health. If you’re looking for a knowledgeable and comforting dentist in Bellevue, look no further than Dr. Don Jayne.
We look forward to helping you wear the smile you deserve and answer any questions you have about the dental veneer process, as well as calm any concerns you may have.